We Understand the Market.
CMC believes that the only way to understand the MSR market is to understand borrower behavior and mortgage servicing. CMC is uniquely qualified to understand and analyze your MSR assets since we buy, sell and hold MSRs on our balance sheet. Our expert team has extensive knowledge of mortgage servicing, sales/acquisitions and finance.
As part of our full suite of products and to support our mortgage bankers that retain servicing, CMC’s team delivers independent, reliable MSR Valuations and Analytics customized to meet your monthly, quarterly or annual business objectives. Our reporting and analysis will give you insight into market trends and how those trends are affecting your portfolio.
Let someone who knows servicing value your portfolio to give you actionable business intelligence. Contact us today to set up a free portfolio review.
Set Your Portfolio’s Strategy
Gain Actionable Intelligence
Identify Product Risk
A Tale of Two Valuations
CMC approaches MSR valuation combining mortgage servicing expertise and market dynamics. Our experience and knowledge in mortgage servicing and finance translates into a well balanced approach to MSR valuation analysis. Our approach results in less volatile valuations in times of dramatic market rate movements.
Volatile fair value changes can potentially have adverse and negative impacts on a company’s financials. CMC’s approach proves to minimize such impact.
Savings on Fees
12 Questions to Ask
All Fair Value Providers
As you shop for a Fair Value Provider, ask the 12 critical questions below to understand the assumptions and process that the provider uses to form the valuation results.
If your Fair Value Provider is unable to provide the answers to these questions, contact CMC so that we can walk through how each answer might affect your final valuation.
- How and where do you gather your market assumptions used in your models?
- How often do you change assumptions used in your models?
- How do you benchmark actual prepayments and defaults within your models?
- Do you participate in bulk MSR trades?
- Do you participate in secondary market servicing trades and securitization?
- Do you have mortgage servicing and mortgage originations experience?
- Do you perform “easy-to-follow” analyses and reporting?
- Do you provide servicing portfolio characteristics and roll-forward reports?
- Do you provide prepayment and default activity reports?
- Do you provide stress testing and rate shock analyses with your valuations?
- What disclosures do you provide with your analysis?
- Do you address each model input you utilize?
Connect With Your Peers
Annual beCONNECTED Summit
Each spring, CMC invites our Patrons, Preferred Partners, speakers and invited guests to come together for 3 days of sharing ideas and best practices. The Summit offers our nationwide network a unique chance to meet face-to-face.
Insights is an ongoing series of Patron-exclusive forums, focused on networking with our nationwide cross-section of CMC members to discuss various topics and solutions impacting mortgage banking.
- January 23, 2018